MAP Delivery Group Plans
The new MAP Delivery Group plans have now been updated and group meetings have been planned up to the end of March 2018. If you would like to be involved please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship Event – Monday 26th February 2018
The Tees Valley Network, in partnership with National Careers Service, would like to invite all Year 9 learners to an interactive Apprenticeship Event at Inspire2Learn Centre on Monday 26th February 2018. Places are limited, so early booking is essential. Email email@example.com to reserve a place.
QTS Consultation Event, Outwood Academy Acklam – Tuesday 27th February 2018
The DfE have opened registration for the consultation event which is being held at Outwood Academy Acklam from 16.15 – 18.30, on strengthening QTS and improving career progression for teachers. Full information and a booking form can be found here.
Excellence in Inclusion Workshop, North Ormesby Primary Academy – Tuesday 6th March 2018
North Ormesby Primary Academy invite you to attend their excellence in inclusion workshop. Click here for more information.
PSA Network Event, Unity City Academy – Wednesday 7th March 2018
As part of the work of MAP’s Parental Partnership Delivery Group, it has been identified that there is a need for a PSA Network to be established, in order to disseminate information and support which is available to schools throughout Middlesbrough from our partner agencies and organisations and to share best practice. The first event will take place on Wednesday 7th March from 2.00 – 3.00 pm in the Sapere at Unity City Academy, Ormesby Road, Middlesbrough, TS3 8RE and is open to all Parental Support, Pastoral and Educational Welfare contacts within the school setting. Please confirm attendance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 2nd March 2018.
The Big Autism Play Day, Hartlepool – Thursday 8th March 2018
The Big Autism Play Day is a CPD opportunity led by national experts in their field, which will focus on the sensory needs experienced by so many students on the autistic spectrum. Details on booking and costs can be found here.
Teesside University Women in Sport Conference – Monday 12th March 2018
Teesside University are hosting a Women in Sport Conference aimed at girls between the ages of 13 – 18 who have a keen interest in Sport. 15 places per secondary school are on offer in the first instance and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here for more information.
CEOP ‘Think You Know’ Trainer Programme – Tuesday 13th March 2018
The Risk & Resilience Team are running a FREE CEOP Think You Know Trainer Programme at My Place, Middlesbrough. For further information click here.
The Diana Award “Be Stronger Online” Training – Thursday 22nd March 2018
The Diana Award are offering a FREE “Be Stronger Online” training opportunity for students and staff in Middlesbrough schools. The training will be held at Unity city Academy and further information is available here. Places can be booked at www.antibullying.com/be-strong-training
Moving On … In the Teaching, Learning & Assessment Cycle – Wednesday 28th March 2018
Middlesbrough Schools’ Teaching Alliance and Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council are hosting a Moving On Conference for NQTs on Wednesday 28th March 2018 at Inspire 2 Learn from 8.30 am. The keynote speaker will be Dame Allison Peacock and the cost for the day is £75 per delegate. To reserve your place email email@example.com. Flyer for the event can be found here.
Next Steps … A Conference for NQTs in the North East – Wednesday 20th June 2018
This is a joint conference organised by 12 North East Regions, and is being held on Wednesday 20th June 2018 from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm at Middlesbrough Football Club. Guest speakers include Sir John Jones and Hywell Roberts and the cost for the day is £75 per delegate. To reserve your place email firstname.lastname@example.org. Flyer for the event can be found here.
Emergency Provision in Middlesbrough
Details of emergency provision support which available to families in Middlesbrough is available here.
Welfare Benefit Advice
Free and confidential help and advice is available via the Community Hub advice service. Details of weekly venues and timings are attached here.
Middlesbrough Free Food List
Attached is a timetable of dates, times and venues where free food is available across Middlesbrough. There is also a special programme for over the Festive period and details are available here.
Bereavement Book List
A small selection of titles are available from Middlesbrough Libraries, which may help children and young people who have been affected by bereavement, and these books can help deal with grief and bereavement. The full list of books available is available here.
It’s Your Right to Claim, benefits check sessions
An opportunity for local residents to ensure they are in receipt of the right benefits. For locations and times of local session click here.
Weekly Lego clubs are currently being run and are suitable for children 4+ and families. Events are run at Central Library every Monday from 4.00 – 5.15 pm and North Ormesby Community Hub every Saturday from 10.00 -11.30 am. Flyers for each event are attached here: Central Library, North Ormesby.
Middlesbrough Hub / Libraries Offer to Schools
Middlesbrough Libraries welcome schools to our Hub/Libraries and have a small dedicated team to book and accommodate class visits. As a team they are committed to:
- Promoting the message of reading for pleasure to engage young people in developing a love of books to help support their literacy skills
- Help children become independent learners by developing research and evaluation skills through using different information resources during curriculum based class visits
- Introduce young people to their community buildings which offer a safe environment in which they can borrow books, read, use the computers and engage in the numerous activities held at the individual Hub/Library
HeadStart Mental Health Awareness Video
As part of Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week, the HeadStart team have put together a short video to help raise awareness of young people’s emotional wellbeing and mental health. Follow this link to watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToLjAWxxqY
Weekly Updates from our Colleagues
- LMI Bulletin 16/02/2018 http://www.supportinginspiration.org.uk/ne/lmi-bulletin-16022018-issue-355
- Job opportunities at a motor service centre in North Tyneside
- Jobs saved at Durham packaging firm
- AkzoNobel’s new factory in Ashington
- Where to find higher and degree apprenticeships
- Trends in self employment
- Government responds to review of gig economy workers
- Report on agency workers
- DfE-funded Phonics Roadshows – click here for details on how to book a place on one of the Phonics Roadshows being run across the North of England by Ruth Miskin Training. The roadshows are non-programme specific and resources from various programmes will be on display.
- EEF news Alert: ‘A School’s Guide to Implementation’
- LMI Bulletin 09/02/2018 http://www.supportinginspiration.org.uk/ne/lmi-bulletin-922018-issue-354
- Job opportunities at Quorn Foods in Billingham
- World’s largest windfarm creates new jobs on the Tees
- Tech apprenticeships
- Tees Valley Combined Authority newsletter
- Improving LMI – ONS to make use of PAYE data
- Carillion update
- Graduate internships
- Where people work
- SCHOOLS NorthEast Weekly Update: Deputy RSC to join the Northern Education Trust, it has been understood
- The latest Tees Valley Skills Newsletter is now available to download from the Tees Valley Skills Portal
- 360° Schools Community Newsletter: Self-care for school staff
- Complete Careers: Statutory guidance for governing bodies, schools leaders and school staff – January 2018